Having worked in prestigious law firms, clerked in some of the highest courts, and argued extensively on both sides of the courtroom, our attorneys bring the knowledge and experience of a large firm into a boutique environment. By learning the nuances of each case and establishing a personal relationship with clients, our team is well-positioned to pursue a positive outcome for your dispute.
The accomplished lawyers at Dressel/Malikschmitt are licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Our track record of success makes us uniquely equipped and qualified to take on litigation cases in the following areas:
- Business and Commercial Disputes
- Business and commercial disputes are the bedrock of Dressel/Malikschmitt’s practice. With extensive experience litigating multi-million dollar disputes, Dressel/Malikschmitt prides itself on achieving successful outcomes for its clients at reasonable costs. Chirs and Andy take a creative and pragmatic approach to resolving disputes, looking to achieve positive outcomes without incurring unnecessary costs for the clients. However, Chris and Andy are also ready to fight hard on their clients’ behalf to achieve desired outcomes, including taking opposing counsel to task where necessary.
- The world of cryptocurrency, defi, and Web 3.0 is a fast-growing area of the law. Dressel/Malikschmitt, however, has been at the forefront of litigation in these industries, representing crypto-fund managers, token miners, and multi-million dollar crypto-investors in their various disputes across the industry. Dressel/Malikschmitt’s pragmatic approach to dispute resolution has served it well in this field, as it has helped clients craft resolutions that work in an ever-changing marketplace.
- Class Action Defense
- Andy and Chris both have extensive backgrounds representing businesses facing class actions, especially consumer fraud class actions, and collective actions, especially employment related collective actions. Andy and Chris have represented clients in the energy, consumer products, and pharmaceuticals industries. Andy and Chris are not afraid to tackle aggressive Plaintiffs-side attorneys, and excel at realistically assessing a client’s exposure and crafting a solution that minimizes costs.
- Commercial Arbitration and Mediation
- Alternative dispute resolution has become increasingly common, as they provide an opportunity for cost-effective, informal dispute resolution. Andy and Chris have a wealth of experience working in arbitration and mediation formats, and excel in this format in negotiating—or arbitrating—towards positive outcomes for their clients, incorporating unique and novel approaches where appropriate. Familiar with both AAA and JAMS arbitration, as well as more informal dispute resolutions forums, Andy and Chris look forward to helping you achieve results outside of the courtroom as well.
- Labor and Employment Law
- Serving employers in the employment industry means protecting businesses from unfounded wage and hour claims and disgruntled employees. This complex area of law requires attorneys with deep knowledge of employment law and experience seeing issues from both the employer and employee’s point of view. Andrew and Chris have dealt with an array of these matters, and have heard it all. If your business is facing claims from unhappy employees, including minimum wage and overtime claims, please reach out to us today.
Litigation Attorneys You Can Trust
Andrew Dressel and Chris Malikschmitt are experienced litigators who have practiced high-end civil litigation at some of the most prominent law firms in the country, if not clerked in some of the Country’s highest courts. They have represented clients on both the defense and plaintiff’s side in complex business disputes, internal investigations, protracted discovery disputes, commercial arbitrations, and nationwide class actions. Dressel/Malikschmitt was founded to bring that same approach to individuals and businesses right here in central New Jersey. Early decisions greatly impact end results in complex legal matters, and we encourage you to engage capable, experienced, qualified counsel you trust from the outset of your legal matter.